Thursday 16 October 2014

CAE LETTER OF COMPLAINT

TASK 
You bought some CDs to help you improve your English. You were not happy with the Cds and have decided to write to the Publisher, CD World.

Write a letter to CD World explaining why you bought the CDs, why you are dissatisfied and saying what you would like the company to do.

Write you answer in 180- 220 words



Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the set of 6 CDs of English conversation which I purchased from your company two weeks ago.




Firstly I would like to explain that I bought your CDs because I was persuaded by your misleading advertisements that I could learn to speak English within one week, whether for business purposes or just for pleasure. Speaking English has become a necessity in my job and since I can’t afford English lessons nor I have the time to take them, I thought your CDS were the perfect solution for my problem, but clearly I was wrong.

Upon receipt of my 6 CDs, I set immediately to work. I scrupulously followed your advice, and after a week of  practising   I realised to my disappointment that there were no business conversations included in the CDs. In addition the so-called innovative teaching method your ad promises consists only in "listen and repeat". I am still wondering how you can promise people they will learn to speak English in one week with such a poor teaching method.  I have also been charged 20 euros per CD unlike what is mentioned in your ad.

Your product is not up to my expectations and does not meet my requirements. I also believe your advertisement is absolutely dishonest. Unless satisfactory compensation is offered I will be forced to take legal action.

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Anduaga



219 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment