Welcome to the biggest on-line collection of articles, essays, letters, reports, proposals and reviews for the CPE and CAE Cambridge English Exams. Teachers and students from all over the world are invited to participate by submitting their writings. We are at the moment offering a service of FREE editing and/or correcting.
HOW TO WRITE A REPORT
In some of the University of Cambridge ESOL examinations (FCE, CAE, CPE) you are asked to write a Report. A report is a formal document which you write to a figure of authority to describe an experience such as attending a conference or taking part in a project.
1. The organisation of a Report
A report should have a title and subtitles (or subheadings) and be divided into clear sections. There is usually an introduction and a conclusion. Click here to see a report sample.
2. Useful language / Phrases to use in a Report.
In the introduction
- The aim of this report is to...
- The purpose of this report is to outline...
- This report will also provide some recommendations on...