Friday 21 October 2016

CPE Cambridge Proficiency Exam 2017 Article Sample

Submitted by Sybille

An online environmental magazine has asked readers to send in articles about places of natural beauty that they have visited. You decide to write an article describing what you saw there and evaluating its importance as a place of natural beauty.

280-320 words




Beauty beyond expectations: 
South Africa

It is sadly a well known fact that the environment has been severely damaged over the last few years.  But have you ever wondered whether unscathed and beautiful places can still be found on planet Earth ?

I have had the opportunity to travel to the 4 corners of the world over the last few years, as part of my job as a scientist. I have seen countless amazing landscapes, but never before had I experienced such a wonderful moment as when I set foot in South Africa. A place of incredible natural beauty.


My friends took me on a safari tour and to be honest I didn’t expect to see anything as exceptional as what I saw. As soon as the car started and we drove towards the jungle, we entered an untamed world. We were surrounded by the charm of the planet’s greatest landscapes and were completely immersed in lush swamps, immense floodplains and a vibrant red savannah.

From time to time we found ourselves face to face with a herd of proud rhinos, gorgeous zebras or  gigantic elephants, which crossed the path as we drove by. I have truly no words to explain my overwhelming feelings being there. There is something magical and indescriptible that fills you at the sight of such animals roaming freely and peacefully in their natural habitat.


There is nothing like being immersed in a world so unfamiliar and to learn about the animal behaviours and strange as it may be, no other place will make you feel more alive and aware that unscathed natural wonders still exist and are really worth seeing and protecting for our delight.

280 Words
Edited by Gustavo Albarracín
CPESamplewritings

No comments:

Post a Comment