Monday 3 April 2017

Hey Gustavo!

I’m sitting for the CPE on May 6 and I would very much appreciate it if you could check this review that I did on my favorite websites. I know that I exceeded the word limit, but I’ll see to it that doesn’t happen in the exam :)

Thanks in advance

Nicolás


Task: REVIEW

A magazine that you subscribe to is interested in reader reviews based on the following topic:

"What websites could you not live without?"
Write a detailed review of two or three websites that you use on a regular basis. You should explain the reasons why you visit the websites and comment on what you like (and dislike) about them.

Write the review for the magazine editor. (around 280-320 words).


TITLE?

Nowadays the Internet has become a place where we can pretty much do anything – from buying clothes and plane tickets online to playing in virtual reality worlds where we can completely lose all track of time. In doing so, one encounters different websites, all of which are equally important. However, if I were told to choose two of my favorite websites without which I could not live, there would be no doubt in my mind that Twitter and YouTube would make the cut. (Feedback: why to mention virtual reality games when the idea is not developed in the following paragraphs?)


Twitter is my main social media platform. I have been using Twitter for over five years now and I could not be any happier with it. Not only do you get to stay up to day with all of the current news in a very interactive way, but you also get to to make a whole slew of online friends – which seems to be a very popular thing these days. If there is one thing I like about Twitter, it is the fact that you get to customize each and every aspect of your account, that is, you can pick the color, the name, the interface, the font, the size and so forth!

YouTube, on the other hand, is nowhere near as lenient as Twitter is. To begin with, your account is barely significant while using the website, considering that its main purpose is for you to watch videos. Therefore, we have to take into account the fact that it is more of a passive website, that is, you do not get to do as many things unless you are a content creator. However, I am of the opinion that YouTube is a great platform for people to develop their abilities and try to gain in popularity. And what is awesome is the fact that it provides us with a very wide range of videos that we can watch for free without even having to subscribe to any channel that we do not wish to.

All in all, I consider both these websites to be extremely entertaining and highly addictive. To be honest, I do not think I would be able to name one thing I did not like about them, given that they make up such a huge part of my life that I have come to love and embrace all of their flaws – and that goes to show just how powerful the Internet can be.


Feedback

Hello Nicolas and thanks for writing.
Your text is well written but it is quite "simple" for what is expected in CPE level. I am missing a wider range of vocabulary and grammar. What is more, I think you have not fully answered to the task questions (" write a detailed review of the websites"...)


No comments:

Post a Comment