Thursday 25 August 2016

B2 Certification/ CAE: Letter of Complaint Sample 2016

Submitted by Miriam Ortega 
# of words: 190



Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to complain about a two week holiday to Wales that I booked for me and my family through your company (booking reference G29576).  

According to your brouchure, the cottage where we stayed was supposed to be "3-star accommodation with only 5 minutes acces walk to a sandy beach". Unfortunately, this was not the case, not only was the beach 30 km far from our accommodation, but it was also dirty and full of stones, which made our stay there quite uncomfortable.

With regard to the house equipment, we were dissatisfied too. There was not hot water and the light from the garden did not work at all, so we could not enjoy it at nights.

I demand some kind of compensation from your company, as you did not deliver what you promised. I believe a discount for our next trip or a 50% refund would be totally fair in this situation.

I also recommend that you solve the hot water and electricity problem before the next group of tourists arrive. Is either that or making the description from location and facilities a lot more realistic.

Yours faithfully,
(Full name)

No comments:

Post a Comment